When you are feeling under the weather, it can be hard to motivate yourself to do daily tasks. However, when you are sick, your oral health needs extra love and attention to be able to help you stay healthy and recover faster from an illness.
Our dentist cares about your health and encourages you to remember your oral hygiene routine. Furthermore, our team at Morrison Dental Group in Williamsburg and Norge, VA, is happy to share some tips with you on how to handle your oral health while you are sick.
Here are some tips on caring for your smile while you are sick:
– Continue your brushing twice a day and flossing daily.
– Never share your toothbrush with anyone else to avoid spreading bacteria and germs.
– Spring for sugar-free cough drops, which are healthier for your teeth and body.
– If you experience vomiting, don’t brush right away because your teeth are exposed to acids. Rinse your mouth and wait at least twenty minutes for the acids to clear before brushing to avoid spreading the acids to other teeth.
– Drink lots of water to prevent dry mouth which is important to remember so your mouth keeps up its natural saliva production.
If you have questions about your oral health, or if you need a dental cleaning after an illness, please call our office in Williamsburg and Norge, VA, today at (757) 220-0330 to make an appointment. Our team is happy to help you achieve positive oral health, and we work to keep your smile healthy.