If you find yourself at an increased risk of oral health ailments or are slowly recovering much slower than you expected, it could be linked to an underlying ailment such as diabetes. Nearly 10% of the US population has diabetes, so dentists are well aware of its presence and its effects on your oral health, especially here in Williamsburg and Norge, VA. For a list of complications and issues that can arise in relation to diabetes, consider the following:
– Diabetes is present in nearly 10% of the US population, so your dentist will have specific treatments in mind for helping individuals associated with the condition.
– Diabetes can lead to a downturn in saliva production and increase your risk for gum disease and other oral health issues.
– If you are suffering from diabetes, it can delay your recovery time and make oral ailments more labored and difficult to recover from.
– For individuals who are suffering from oral health ailments such as gum disease, changes in your blood sugar will, in turn, affect diabetes as well.
– If you have diabetes, it is important that you visit your dentist for routine visits to ensure optimum oral hygiene.
No matter which oral health care treatments for diabetics you select, the real importance is the oral health benefits they can give. If you would like our team at Morrison Dental Group to bring you in for a comprehensive exam to determine which treatment is right for you, please schedule an appointment at our dentist office in Williamsburg and Norge, VA, by calling us at (757) 220-0330.